2011-2012 Leadership Douglas Applications now available!

The Douglas County Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for the 2011-2012 class of Leadership Douglas. The mission of Leadership Douglas is to identify, encourage and develop leadership abilities so that its participants grow both personally and professionally.

Participants in Leadership Douglas benefit from getting to know one another and from the exchange of ideas and experiences. They gain knowledge and understanding on crucial issues facing our community, while also attaining leadership skills to make a difference. In addition, they develop a network of relationships with other leaders of various backgrounds throughout Douglas County.

This professional leadership curriculum is achieved through a ten-month program of structured activity where students become familiar with all aspects of our community. Leadership Douglas utilizes professional leadership trainers while also utilizing community resources for courses like Health and Wellness, Economic Affairs, Arts, Emergency Services, Education, and Government Affairs, just to name a few.

“Where else can you gain an understanding of your community, leadership skills to make a difference, and life-long friends in one program,” says Steve Morgan, United Community Advisory Services, Leadership Douglas Class of 2009 and 2011 DC Chamber Board of Directors Chairman.

Participants in Leadership Douglas are selected after consideration of their recognized and potential leadership abilities. The selection committee will choose 25 diverse and qualified individuals in order to provide a structured program that enhances leadership skills and community involvement. In addition, the selection committee will ensure at least 70% of those selected will be from the business community, with the remaining 30% from education, social service programs or community action agencies. The class membership will be announced by May 1st.

Cost for the 10 month course is $600 and includes the retreat, all sessions and materials, meals and transportation. It is important that applicants recognize that a serious commitment to attend every class is required.  In return, participants are guaranteed to leave Leadership Douglas better qualified to take an active role in our community.

To download an application, please go to www.douglascountygeorgia.com  and click on LD Sign Up at the bottom of the page.  You can also call the Chamber at 770-942-5022. All applications are due no later than 5:00pm on Tuesday, March 15th.

Trackback URL

No Comments on "2011-2012 Leadership Douglas Applications now available!"

Hi Stranger, leave a comment:

ALLOWED XHTML TAGS:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Subscribe to Comments